Vast Well of Hoop Wisdom







Written By Noah Douglas


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Team Analysis: Los Angeles Lakers

Now before I begin, let's all remember this is just an analysis of what's transpired so far. The season is VERY young still and there is ample time to make any transgressions to this point a vague memory.

Now, what I think of the new look Lakers? They are fun to watch, they have big names, but to me they didn’t address any of their weaknesses. A big weakness that was talked about a lot last season was the inability to defend at the point guard position. Now, they went from Derek Fisher to Steve Nash. To me that’s a step backwards in that department, defensively. And they also got Dwight Howard and Antawn Jamison. Now Dwight goes without saying, best big man in the game, but still has yet to become a legitimate scorer on the low block.

Also, probably the biggest problem to me is still there, and that’s the bench. Their bench in LA is awful. There has been no improvement in that area and there is a HUGE drop off when the starters have to take a seat. So the Lakers starting off 0-3 really doesn’t surprise me.

I think the struggles for the Lakers will continue. Second round bounce out, I'm calling it now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment