Vast Well of Hoop Wisdom







Written By Noah Douglas


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pre-Season 2012-13 NBA Season

What's the deal people?!

The NBA season is upon us, which means hopes are up and anticipation for the NBA season is very high. The preseason has just begun and it's looking to be a very great season. A very good rookie class is ready to make their names known and a lot of movement in the league causes for a more balance of power.

PREDICTIONS

NBA CHAMPIONS:

To be honest, with as equal as both conferences are now, at least concerning the top 3 teams of each conference as a whole, this is a very tough question. Now, for all those who know me, I am a die-hard Spurs fan, but I am also a realist. With all of these super-teams forming it makes it tough for us who make our moves through the draft to compete. But, with that being said, I've seen my guys to 4 titles, so I'll live. But if I just had to pick a team to win it all, I would have to go with the Miami Heat. Not only are they defending champions, but they have gotten even better with the acquisition of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Now they have two dead-eye shooters on the wings. Who will teams double off of? They will definitely be a problem. I know a lot of you will be riding the Lakers bandwagon, but just like Miami, I don't think the first year will be the year that they win it all.

MVP:

Kobe Bryant.

And the reason that I say that is, Kobe is still playing at a high level and he has the wherewithal to know his time is dwindling. I think that with a revamped team, whose bench is still dreadful (that's another blog, though), Kobe will be given "life" for lack of a better word. Plus, u just can't go wrong with the Black Mamba.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:

Damien Lillard.

I know, everyone is either thinking who? or just plain shocked that I'm not going with Anthony Davis. I just think that Damien is a very good player. Anthony Davis is a very good player and will be very good. But A.D. is very small and has to go up against some really good big men. Damien on the other hand, is already the same size of most of his opposition. He's a very skilled guard who can run a team and score when needed too. Remember I said this when he's averaging a double double.

UNDERACHIEVE:

Team: Chicago Bulls

Will still be decent but D. Rose will be absent. Period.

Player: Thomas Robinson/Dion Waiter

Thomas Robinson struggle mightily in the summer league and is an undersized power forward at 6'8. It spells trouble. And Dion just got drafted to a team with bad karma. Poor Guy.

Until Next Time....

BE EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment